Thursday, August 16, 2007
Editor's Profile: Barbara Clark
1. Who is your favorite SE author and why?
Belva Plain, because she sees inside the human heart with laserlike clarity. When she finds the truth, she shows it to us gently.
2. What is your favorite genre?
Family drama, because no two families are alike.
3. How long have you been working at Reader’s Digest?
4. What is the most memorable book you’ve worked on?
Eat Cake by Jeanne Ray, because I love baking and the author writes so brilliantly about chocolate!
5. What classic novel did you never finish in high school or college?
Remembrance of Things Past by Marcel Proust . . . I’ll save it for retirement.
6. What is your favorite children’s book?
Herbert Rowbarge by Natalie Babbitt.
7. What other projects do you work on at Select Editions?
I also am the editorial director of our Editor’s Choice book program—a little “something extra” for our longtime customers.