Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Classic children's books. Not.

Normally I like to celebrate the good things in books, but some ideas are just too appealing. Like the worst children's books ever, on TheAmericanScene.com.

TAS: So while we’re making lists, how about one of the most overrated children’s books? Not really the “worst” ones, I guess – much better to put together something along the lines of Noah’s list, with the targets limited to books that are regularly described as “classics,” as “beloved,” etc. After a bit of thought about the matter, I’ve got two from my son’s bookshelf that deserve a calling-out. More...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the lovely post.

I have one year old daughter who is very bright for her age and she insists that I read to her every night. At this rate I have run out of books to read to her. Can you tell me a good place to buy story books for children?