Monday, July 20, 2009

Handy list of postmodernist books

If you asked me off the top of my head my opinion of postmodern books, you probably wouldn't get a good word out of me. But then I looked at this list in the L.A. Times and found a few books I was quite fond of. Each book is marked with icons indicating what kind of postmodernism the book deals with. You might even find some books worth reading here. Who knew?

LAT: The thing about postmodernism is it's impossible to pin down exactly what might make a book postmodern. In looking at the attributes of the essential postmodern reads, we found some were downright contradictory... Below is our list of the 61 essential reads of postmodern literature. It's annotated with the attributes below -- the author is a character, fiction and reality are blurred, the text includes fictional artifacts, such as letters, lyrics, even whole other books, and so on. More...

No comments: